Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Breath In, Breath Out: Raising A Son With Special Needs

Willie is home for Christmas Vacation. His Vacation from School lasts 14 days to be exact. I could probably even tell you the minutes and seconds. You see, although I adore Willie, he is impossible to be with when he is home for extended vacations.



I thought I would continue to write this blog during these 2 weeks, as Willie's presence would give me oodles to chat about. Instead his presence is too loud and heavy to even hear, see, or do much of anything but wait for him to go back to school.

Oh I admitted the taboo of parenthood: My child drives me crazy: This parenting thing is just too hard for me! That taboo is even bigger in the world of Special Needs Parenting. But it is true. Willie's meltdowns are relentless, unpredictable, and exhausting. His negativity is all-encompassing, creating a stagnant, stale, and stuck atmosphere. Navigating Vacation with no schedule and 3 other siblings is like driving a leaking ship though an iceberg in the middle of a blizzard. Who can even think in-between the planning, reacting, fixing, negotiating, with constant meal preparation, cleaning, and chores in-between. I cannot find the mental energy, creativity, and motivation to write about the eccentricities, the stories, the lessons Willie teaches.  I am only trying to keep my ship from sinking. I can only concentrate on breathing. Breath in. Breath out.

Willie leaves in 4 days. Oh how many new anecdotes I have to share on this blog. Not now tho. For now I can only breath in and breathe out.

Stay tuned...And try to keep afloat!

No comments:

Post a Comment