Wednesday, April 22, 2015

HEADPHONES: Raising A Son With Special Needs


Need a sneak peek into Willie's brain? Well then listen to this perseverative loop he has been on:

Willie: "Teddy took my headphones. Mine are the M-50's. Teddy's are the M-40's."

Me: (After thoroughly checking with Teddy.) "Teddy does not have your headphones.  Those are the ones I ordered you."

Willie: "No, I had the M-50's. These are his, the M-40's.  He took mine."

And on and on he went for several weeks.

Until, on Saturday, I was with Willie in his house, Emerson House, in the basement.  And lo and behold, there was an empty box labeled Audio-Techinca Headphones: M-40's.

I gently nudged Willie with the evidence in front of both of our eyes.  He paused, thought for a moment, and finally confessed that he wants the M-50's.  They fit better.  And besides, Teddy has them. I quickly explained I would figure something out and get him the M-50's.

Two days later, Willie called me on the phone.  The first thing he said was: "Mom, Teddy has my headphones, the M-50's.  Get them back."

Willies' brain works so well in so many ways.

Except when it doesn't.

1 comment:

  1. Few years ago i use this headphone and this was very good but now i use HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset and this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete